The College Transfer Office (CTO)
The College Transfer Office (CTO) assists students in preparing for college and transferring college credits to four-year degree programs. Regardless of whether students apply to college as freshmen or as transfer students, the associate’s degree curriculum is designed to enable students to matriculate with up to two years of college credit at colleges and universities throughout the United States and abroad. Students may also elect to continue for another three or four years of college as undergraduates. The number of credits ultimately transferred depends not only on the student’s wishes, but also on the policies of the colleges and universities to which they apply.
While the CTO is not a major part of students’ first two years at BHSEC, the PTA and CTO conduct several early college awareness meetings for 9th and 10th grade parents and students. We urge families to attend at least one of these 9th and 10th grade CTO meetings each year to become acquainted with the college process ahead. Formal CTO advising begins in the spring of Year 1.
For more information, visit the BHSEC Queens CTO webpage.
- Slideshows by Elena Yesner that she presented at previous CTO meetings
- College Cost, a US DOE site about college affordability
- BigFuture, an independent website about planning for college
- Right College Right Price by Frank Palmasani
- College Solution: A Guide for Everyone Looking for the Right School at the Right Price by Lynn O’Shaughnessy
- Schools That Change Lives: 40 Schools That Will Change the Way You Think About Colleges by Loren Pope